As a graduate at Equinor, you’ll be joining 20,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and deliver the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It’s one of the defining challenges of our time and attracting and developing the brightest minds will be critical to our success.
The programme lasts for 2-years and includes rotations of 3-12 months across functions, business areas or locations. Head over to our careers site for a more detailed overview of what you can expect if you join us.
The Drilling and Well (D&W) network in Equnior have more than 1200 employees. We have a worldwide corporate responsibility for D&W activities, and we are currently running approximately 40 operations from platforms, rigs and vessels.
The D&W graduates are given early responsibility. The most common tasks are to plan for drilling and completion operations, well interventions or subsea activities.
By joining our team in Drilling & Well, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide the key planning for execution of our activites.
- Analyse data and ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Develop and improve our new ways of working.
- Work in teams with other disciplines, perform method selection, risk assessment, evaluate and recommend required equipment.
- Contribute to shape the future of the drilling and well industry.
Graduates in the D&W network will have 2 to 3 rotations during their first two years of employment. The rotations can be within the D&W network or to other business areas in Equinor.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Master’s degree or PhD with strong academic record within Petroleum Technology, Subsea Technology, Marin and Offshore Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Cybernetics, Data Science, Industrial Economics or other relevant engineering degrees.
- No more than two years of relevant fulltime work experience.
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language.
- Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage.
Every role and business area requires its own specific set of skills and personal attributes. Some of the qualities and attributes we look for include:
- An awareness of risk and a commitment to safety for yourself and those around you.
- Good communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration, influence stakeholders, and contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture.
- The flexibility to adapt to change, embrace new technology, and perform in a digitally enabled environment.
- Demonstrating a curious mind and the ability to problem-solve, innovate, and identify new ways of delivering against our objectives.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including candidates with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, then please make this clear in your application and our team will be happy to support you.
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
- CV/ resume in English.
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) in English or Scandinavian language obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Graduate roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
Job tittle: Graduate
Location(s): Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim, Harstad
Master’s Degree or PhD
Less than 2 years
Link to career website: https://www.equinor.com/careers/graduates